On Friday, November 3, 2023, Lost River Outdoor Center (LROC) in Halpatiokee Regional Park kicks off its long-awaited grand opening with three days of special events, great outdoor adventures, and exclusive retail promotions.
- Friday through Sunday, from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, guests and park-goers can take advantage of the center’s ROGO (rent one, get one) offer, which includes single and tandem kayaks, canoes that seat two, and mountain bikes, comfort cruisers, and Class 1 e-bikes. Store merchandise will be discounted 20-percent off as well.
- On Saturday at 9:30 AM, Exhale with Grace’s Grace Coffey will kick the morning off with a relaxing yoga session overlooking the Lost River.
- At 10:30 AM, frequency alchemist Luis Angel Zepeda will lead a healing sound bath, an ancient practice incorporating resonant tones to promote tranquility and recalibrate the body.
- Beginning at 11:30 AM, the Love Boat will embark on a series of historical eco tours led by representatives from Discover Martin County. Florida natives, partners, and twin brothers Keith and Kyle Mang will be on hand to talk about sustainability and strategic innovation like their “Buy One. Plant One.” initiative, which plants a mangrove for every MANG product sold.
- Fox Racing and WMR Performance Competition—whose cutting-edge sporting goods the center carries—will host interactive bike demonstrations throughout the day. LROC staff will also sherpa guests on guided mountain bike trail tours where they can put their off-road cycling savvy to the test.
- Throughout the weekend, light bites and cold drinks courtesy of Zen Coast will be available at the Kayak Café, located inside Lost River Outdoor Center.
- Popular food truck purveyor 681 Seafood & Southern Bites will provide food service on Saturday between 11:00 AM and 5:00 PM.
- Live music performances from 11:30 AM to 2:30 PM will feature local musicians like Scott Benge of Port St. Lucie.
- On Sunday, the Love Boat’s historical eco tours will resume at 9:00 AM,
- At 9:30 AM a 5K & 10K Trail Run/Walk, led by Down to Run co-founders, Andre and Ludi Chaves, will begin. Participants are encouraged to arrive 30 minutes beforehand to warm up and receive instruction.
- All-day activities include Face Painting By Karla, who will transform little ones into fairy princesses, Disney characters, or their favorite Marvel superheroes, disc golf demonstrations, mountain bike trail tours, and more.
- Food trucks like Meraki Juice Kitchen and 681 Seafood & South Bites will offer staggered service between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM.
- The Bryce Allyn Band is scheduled to perform acoustically on the patio from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
Excluding ROGO deals, store purchases, Love Boat and mountain bike tours, and food and beverage, Lost River Outdoor Center’s grand opening weekend is complimentary. Additionally, there is no charge to enter Halpatiokee Regional Park.
Halpatiokee Regional Park is located at 8303 SW Lost River Road, Stuart, FL 34997. The park is open Monday through Sunday from 7:00 AM to 11:00 PM. For more information, visit halpatiokeeregionalpark.com or call 772-221-1419.
More information and events may be added to the weekend lineup, so check Lost River Outdoor Center’s Facebook page for updates.
Lost River Outdoor Center (LROC) is located at 7647 SW Lost River Road, Stuart, FL 34997. LROC is open Thursday through Monday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM and Tuesday and Wednesday for group tours, youth programs, and lessons.
For more information, visit lostriveroutdoorcenter.com or call 772-271-1555. Follow on social media at @lostriveroutdoorcenter.