The Martin County School Board approved graduation ceremony plans for the Class of 2020 during its Special Meeting on July 7, 2020. Graduation ceremonies will begin promptly at 9 a.m. in each school’s football stadium and will be held according to the following schedule:
- Martin County High School – Wednesday, July 22, 2020
- Jensen Beach High School – Thursday, July 23, 2020
- South Fork High School – Friday, July 24, 2020
- Clark Advanced Learning Center – Saturday, July 25, 2020 (held at Jensen Beach High School)
Each ceremony will be livestreamed for graduates and guests who will be participating from home. Livestream links will be posted on each school’s website and in Senior Class Google Classrooms in the coming days.
The School Board approved the following general procedures for graduation ceremonies:
- Parking and seating for each ceremony will begin at 7:30 a.m. Access to campus will not be granted prior to this time.
- Each graduate may invite a maximum of two (2) guests to join them for the ceremony. Graduates and their guests must arrive in the same vehicle – guests who do not arrive in the same vehicle as a graduate will not be admitted to the ceremony.
- Graduates must be dressed in their cap and gown wearing flat bottom, closed-toed shoes.
- Masks will be required for stadium entry – graduates and guests must keep their masks on for the duration of the ceremony and through the time they have returned to their vehicles.
- Each graduate and guest must complete and return a participation waiver upon entrance to the stadium.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be located at each entrance to the stadium. Graduates and guests will be expected to sit in predesignated areas to allow for social distancing of all attendees.
- When the ceremony has concluded, students will be dismissed by row and guests will be dismissed by zone after all graduates have exited the stadium. Guests are expected to meet graduates at their car for departure while adhering to social distancing guidelines.
Members of the Class of 2020 are encouraged to continue monitoring their Senior Class Google Classrooms for additional information about ceremonies.