UPDATED March 30, 2020
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Martin County will provide meals to all Martin County families at each Club location. Since March 17th from 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM, (BGCMC) has provided free meals to children under age 18—regardless if they ever belonged to a club—at its four club locations (listed below).
Families are also able to pick up free, ready-to-eat meals each day from 6:30 AM - 8:00 PM.
“Many parents, grandparents, guardians and caregivers are telling us how grateful they are to know that their children can now consistently get something to eat—even if they personally have no idea where their next meal will come from,” says Keith “Fletch” Fletcher, CEO of BGCMC. “We wanted to remedy this situation however possible and make sure their caregivers are able to at least get one meal a day. We plan on continuing this effort as long as we’re able,” he shared.
- Cole-Clark Club
11500 SE Lares Avenue, Hobe Sound
- Bill & Barbara Whitman Club
17375 SW Palm Beach Street, Indiantown
- H. Wayne Huizenga Club
1150 SW Martin Downs Boulevard, Palm City
- John & Marge Bolton Club
4731 SE Flounder Avenue, Stuart
Additional locations for evening meals: BGCMC will distribute meals from Hobe Sound Mobile Village and Mt. Zion Missionary Baptist Church, each evening from 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM.
Effective immediately, House of Hope pantries will start prepackaged food distributions directly into client's vehicles. Clients will be signed in and emergency service allotments will be offered as appropriate. Clients on foot and bicycle will also be served but no one will enter the pantries.
If you are new to House of Hope, be sure to bring the following information needed to access service:
- Picture ID
- Proof of Martin County residency (current lease, mortgage or utility bill within the last 30 days. A utility bill may be either, lights, water or gas bill.)
- If you have any questions or need to speak about financial assistance while pantry locations are closed to foot traffic, call (772) 286-4673.
|The Martin County School District's Food & Nutrition Services (FNS) Department will serve free meals to children in the Martin County community from 9:30 AM to 12:00 PM, Monday, March 23 - Friday, May 1, 2020. Meals will be served to children aged 18 and under at the following locations:|
- Hope Sound Elementary School* - 11555 SE Gomez Avenue, Hobe Sound 33455
- J.D. Parker Elementary School - 1010 E. 10th Street, Stuart 34994
- Jensen Beach Elementary School - 2525 N.E. Savannah Road, Jensen Beach 34957
- Port Salerno Elementary School - 3260 SE Lionel Terrace, Stuart 34997
- Warfield Elementary School - 15260 SW 150th Street, Indiantown 34956
- FNS is now providing meal service to St. Lucie Mobile Village in Indiantown
FNS managers and staff will be on-site to prepare and distribute breakfasts and lunches, which will be bagged and distributed to families in each school's car line area. Parents and guardians can drive, bike, or walk to these locations with children. Meals will be provided to anyone present who is 18 years of age or younger.
"We will be providing breakfast and lunch items via cart service, with carts being thoroughly sanitized after each meal is provided," FNS Director Laura Holmedal shared. "Families may pick up both meals at the same time if they prefer. Those in the community who are looking for a way to help ensure children receive meals are encouraged to explore carpooling possibilities. We are able to provide meals to all children who are present."
Hours of operation at each site are subject to change depending on community participation.
Those interested in donating toiletries and other non-perishable items to families in the community should deliver unopened products to the Office of Food & Nutrition Services at 1050 SE 10th Street, Stuart 34996.
Additional questions about the Martin County School District's meal program should be directed to Food & Nutrition Services at 772-223-2655.
* To make it easier for any children in Hobe Sound unable to reach Hobe Sound Elementary (which for many means crossing U.S. 1), Boys & Girls Club of Martin County (BGCMC) is lending a helping hand. The nonprofit will transport meals from Hobe Sound Elementary and distribute them to children from 9:00 AM to noon at three Hobe Sound locations, including:
- Banner Lake Club, 12212 SE Lantana Ave.
- Hobe Sound Mobile Village, 11411 SE Federal Highway
- Mt. Zion Missionary Baptist Church, 8224 SE Pettway St.