"Clear Your Pantry...Fill Our Pantry" In effort to assist members of the community overcome hardship and hunger, the Martin County Library System (MCLS) is offering an incentive for patrons to clear late fines in exchange for food donations for the local House of Hope. During Food For Fines week (July 14 - 20, 2019), patrons may return overdue materials along with canned or non-perishable food items to any MCLS location during regular hours of operation and have their overdue fees waived.
On average, the equivalent of over 2,500 meals has been collected during past years of the Food for Fines campaign. House of Hope is a non-profit agency that provides food, clothing, furniture, financial assistance, and case management services to Martin County residents in need. For more information about House of Hope, visit www.hohmartin.org or call 772-286-4673.
Patrons are encouraged to visit any of the following MCLS locations with their donations:
- Blake Library, 2351 SE Monterey Road in Stuart
- Peter & Julie Cummings Library, 2551 SW Matheson Avenue in Palm City
- Hobe Sound Public Library, 10595 SE Federal Highway in Hobe Sound
- Hoke Library, 1150 NW Jack Williams Way in Jensen Beach
- Elisabeth Lahti Library, 15200 SW Adams Avenue in Indiantown
- Robert Morgade Library, 5851 SE Community Drive in Stuart
For additional information about this and other events, pick up a Library Events Newsletter at any Martin County Library location, visit www.library.martin.fl.us or call 772-288-5702.